Here is another gorgeous front door we painted in Yukon, Oklahoma. As you can tell the door was painted with real copper and then we just applied a patina over the copper to give it an aged look. The process of getting this door to look the way it does, took lots of time and requires a bit of experience. Don’t try this at home folks! LOL… Here is a brief explanation of the steps we took to make this front door look amazing!
- We first sanded down and cleaned the door so we know that the fresh paint will stick for a long time.
- Next we applied a special acid blocking primer to the door. Sometimes you need 2 coats here. Let it dry overnight!
- Then we painted one coat of copper paint and let it fully dry.
- Now we paint the 2nd coat of copper paint and while its still wet we apply the patina solution.
- The last step is detailing the patina to make it look natural.
Its very important to get the details right. This is why we research copper patinas, look at pictures of real examples and see what looks natural and what does not. I’ve seen several patina jobs around the city that look very unnatural, brush strokes and heavy dripping or runs are a few examples…
We would love to come to your home and paint everything copper that you desire. There are several accents on homes that would look great with a patina copper. We can put this paint on just about anything, so let your mind run wild. This is fun for us and we enjoy it! If your interested please just fill out the “Request an Estimate” form in the top navigation bar or give us a call today.
Thanks and have a wonderful day!
If you would like to update the exterior of your home, please CONTACT IPAINT TODAY!
We are proud to be a trusted paint contractor who provides painting related services to the OKC Metro, Yukon, Mustang, Edmond, El-Reno, Piedmont, Deer Creek, Bethany, Warr Acres, Moore, and Del-City areas.